- Nachos and plenty of beer and drinks will be provided (drinks at an extra cost).
- There will also be a food van from Nana Mexico for those of you who have more craving.
- A short display of Mexican folkloric dancing!
- DJ Angel García will be playing some nice Latin beats.
- When? May the 13th from 20:00 a 24:00
- Where? University of Cambridge Graduate Union Lounge
- Entrance? £3 per person
This is fundraising party for families of disappeared students in Mexico and for Cambridge Mexico Solidarity to keep working raising awareness about the human right crisis that is affecting Mexico. After more than a year of voluntary work, we had been able to raise awareness about the situation of violence in Mexico at many levels, from artistic performances to lobbying the British government in terms of its relationship with the Mexican State and Mexican politicians. We had also organised talks and academic seminars, as well as created spaces for discussion about the current crisis in Mexico.
We also want to keep showing solidarity with the families of the victims and Mexican citizens in general, who have been victims of a growing violence and face threats, irregular legal processes and restrictions on their freedom of expression.